Successful people inspire us, they live the life that we want. We read and hear about their success stories and are bolstered to try harder, to dig deeper, to imagine and build the life we’ve always dreamed of. But what are the details behind the scene? What is the minutiae of a business moguls daily life? What habits helped them become so successful?
We at M.Network compiled a list of habits that helped make these people the buisness leaders they are, including Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, and Mark Zuckerberg. From practiced ideas to morning routines, these are all easily applied to your daily life.
- Live by the schedule, die by the schedule.This means planning out your day, your week, your month. You need to maximize your productiveness, while still being able to give time to the other facets of your life. Future you will be very grateful.
- Speaking of schedule’s, you’ll need a morning routine. Something like a ritual or a strict regime, however it works for you, make it work for you. The way you start your day dictates how you react to the remainder of it. Things like making the bed every morning, while sounding silly, can boost your cognitive thinking, and assure that the rest of your routine falls into place.
- Meditation. Usually this conjures a image of monks or kabahlist sitting and ohming with their eyes closed. Which may not be for you, but meditiation can be simply sitting, clearing your mind, and breathing deep. It may not be in the morning, and not the sitting cross legged on a windy hill top (although if that works for you, by all means) But taking 10 minutes a day to simply sit, lie, or stand still and breath deeply has been shown to lower stress and settle the mind.
- Keeping your body healthy is imperative, your body is the tool with which you assail life, and to be successful you need energy, you need to be thinking clearly and concisely. Eating healthy helps achieve this, and is a vital part of success. Exercise is also a key component of overall health. Even if it’s only for ten minutes, get your body moving. This helps to wake you up, gives you energy, and helps work the muscles. Healthy bodies work longer and harder, remember that.
- Plan your day. Not just appointments, but what you are doing all day. This may seem exhausting at first, but time management is not only crucial for running a business, but it helps minimize stress. When you have a plan your brain wants to execute it. Write it down, put it in your phone, whatever it takes.
- Surround yourself with success.Take stock of the people you spend the most time with. They should be others who have achieved or are striving to achieve their goals. People that make you want to be a better person, a better business owner. When you surround yourself with these people, not only do you strive to be more like them, they affirm you are on the right path.
- GOAL SETTING
We all talk about goals, esspecially around the new year. But they can be fickle, and need to be approached with aclarity and aplom. Write your goals, and write them in chronilogical order. But making them realistic needs to be your focus. Want your business to be successful? Figure out the time frame for that to happen then set a monitary goal. Life goals, business goals, health goals. Write them all down. But heres the trick, dont tell anyone your goals. Our brains betray us in a way, when we tell others our goals our brain gives us a little shot of dopamine and adrenaline. It tricks our brains into thinking we have already achieved them.
- BE THANKFUL
Gratitude is the gift that keeps on giving. Expressing your gratitude for even the little things puts your brain in a positive mindset. The bonus, when you do achieve a goal, it feels that much better.
- Take a notebook with you wherever you go. Not a cell, not a tablet, not a computer. These tend to distract us, and the physical act of writing our thoughts cement them more clearly in our minds.